Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Philipp Lenssen's Blog Surprise

A while back I blogged about Philipp Lenssen's Forty Faces: Who just blogged? and the gracious gentleman popped over here to answer a question (see the comments on this post). Now Philipp has again snagged my attention by coming up with a new game for bloggers: The Blog Surprise.

The objective is to surprise a blogger who just posted their very first blog post ever... by welcoming that blogger to the blogosphere, showering them with attention, and leaving lots of comments.

Sounds like a fun game and a good way to make some new blog friends. So if anyone knows of a new blog about books or writing, please comment here or shoot me an e-mail and I'll check it out. Then we'll organize a surprise party and go make somebody's day.

I'm willing to bend a little, but in my mind, a "brand new" blog would be one that has come into existence within the past month.



UPDATE, 12:48 p.m.

Almost as soon as I posted this, Hornblower left a comment pointing out a blog that was begun on July 31. So...

Let's throw a surprise party for writer and brand-new blogger Kate Austin. Just click over to her place and leave a comment welcoming her to the blogisphere.

Does anybody else want to nominate a new writing or book-blogger for a surprise party?


Technorati Tags: , ,

7 comments:

hornblower said...

http://kateaustin.blogspot.com/

A baby blog by a wonderful HQ Next author, and member of my RWA Chapter.

Brenda Coulter said...

Okay, Hornblower, we'll give Kate a party. (I've just updated my post.) Many thanks for the tip.

Scribe, thank you so much for reading and commenting.

Mirtika said...

Done! :)

Anonymous said...

Almost makes me want to start a new blog!

Michelle - off to see Kate's new blog
Michelle's Writing Space

Bonnie S. Calhoun said...

Good idea...off to see the new blog!

Shelley Adina said...

Or...you could come visit me! My blog is a whopping three days old :)

Shelley B.
http://shelleybates.blogspot.com

Brenda Coulter said...

Hi, Shelley. I just posted about you.