Sunday, November 13, 2005

Maybe not even 15 minutes of fame

Someone has asked what I meant this morning when I said I didn't think being listed at Forty Faces would drive any appreciable amount of traffic to my blog. Well, simply this: as the site becomes popular and more people want to "own" a piece of it, the 40 photographs displayed will remain up for progressively shorter periods of time. The site went live on Friday, I believe, and this afternoon I've seen at least a dozen references to it. I posted early this morning and my photo was up for most of the day, but I imagine that's far more exposure that I'm likely to get from now on.

It's a novelty, nothing more. I just thought it was fun.

In other news, my hunk o' burnin' love just surprised me with a latte from Starbucks. They're using Christmas cups already. Sheesh.

3 comments:

Philipp Lenssen said...

Once the site grows to different larger proportions, I might create sub-categories to counter the phenomenon of "quickly disappearing faces" you mention. But of course that won't increase the overall traffic given through the site -- it will only channel it more meaningful. Say, your categories would be "writing" and "romance", and the front-pages for that would therefore be fortyfaces.com/writing/ and fortyfaces.com/romance/ .

Brenda Coulter said...

Philipp, thanks so much for taking the time to stop by and make that clear. I'd love to see a category for romance writers. ;-)

Thanks again for including me on Forty Faces, and congratulations on your successful launch. You sure have set the blogosphere buzzing this weekend!

Anonymous said...

LOL On the Starbucks christmas cups... I noticed that Friday... not only that but the starbucks stores are decorated for Christmas too.

I gotta go to bed, I'll check out the 40 faces thing tomorrow.