Friday, July 29, 2005

Live-blogging the RWA Conference – Day 3

I just got back from a delightful lunch with my editor and three other Steeple Hill authors. We enjoyed five or six different kinds of sushi as we swapped side-splitting stories, and I can still taste the snappy sweetness of pickled ginger.

I'm exhausted, just like every other RWA member here at the Reno Hilton, but we keep going. As soon as I post this I'll make a couple of phone calls and review my schedule for the rest of today and tomorrow. Then I'll probably head back downstairs and look in on one or two of the workshops. I may have mentioned this before (gosh, I'm tired), but I'm not a person who gets a lot out of workshops (I'm not good at sitting still and paying attention), so I probably won't hit more than two or three today and tomorrow combined.

I'll probably skip dinner and squeeze in a nap before I have to dress for tonight's glitzy Harlequin party, a conference highlight for all Harlequin authors and their editors. I don't want to be to whacked to enjoy it.

That's it for now. Thanks to everyone who has been commenting here and e-mailing me. Again, I don't have time to reply to everyone just now, but I'll catch up with you in a few days.

No comments: