Sunday, May 22, 2011

Notice anything different?

Unless you're viewing this post on your feed reader or via e-mail, you've probably noticed that NRJW has had a facelift. (Does it look younger?) All of the old posts are still here in the archives, but I'm going for a super-clean look now. I may add a couple of bookcovers in the sidebar, but that will probably be it.

I've made similar changes to my website. Go there if you want to read long excerpts from each of my books and see ordering information. (Here's some news: Finding Hope and A Family Forever have recently been digitized, so now all of my books can be downloaded to your favorite e-reader or even your PC.) Don't go to the website if you're looking for writing tips. I've cleared all of those pages because they were sadly dated and I'm no longer interested in maintaining them.

In recent months a number of people (okay, six or seven) have asked why I didn't accept their "friend" requests on Facebook. I always reply that my Facebook profile is very private, and almost exclusively for my family. But I have just created a Facebook "author" page, and I'd be flattered if you'd check that out. I plan to avoid duplicating the content that you'll see here on the blog, so if you're reading both NRJW and my FB page, don't worry about seeing everything twice everything twice.

I turned fifty-five a couple of months ago, and since then I've been editing just about every aspect of my life. I'm cleaning out closets and drawers at home, updating contact lists both here online and in my personal life, refurbishing the website and this blog, and so on... and I'm loving my new uncluttered life.

Remember the novel I was working on at Christmas time? I finally submitted it to my editor. Tune in tomorrow to find out how that went.

2 comments:

Regina said...

I like the clean new look of your blog since you changed it but I must admit...I miss the M&Ms! Sorry, I just can't help it. I loved the happy, sunny look of the old blog.
But I'm so happy you're blogging again it doesn't matter to me what color your background is.

Brenda Coulter said...

To tell you the truth, Regina, I loved the M&M's too. But when I updated the blog I realized I had lost that old graphic (which I'd made from a photograph I took way back in 2005 after I'd accidentally ripped open a bag of "the writers friends" and spilled them on my keyboard). Ah, well. Time marches on....

Thanks so much for sticking with me, Regina, and for taking the time to comment today. Hope you're having a great weekend.