Thursday, August 20, 2009

Crazy in love with Japanese anemones

I wonder why Ogden Nash never wrote a poem about Japanese anemones? The words roll trippingly off the tongue and suggest all kinds of delicious rhymes:

Japanese anemones.
See them dancing in the breeze.


They're my favorite late-summer flowers. Their strong, graceful stems rise high over lovely mounds of foliage to offer up unscented, nearly translucent flowers featuring adorable green-ball centers surrounded by egg-yolk-yellow ruffs. I mean, just look at this beauty:


















I must plant some more of these
Japanese anemones.
The whites are charming, but I think
I should also have some pink.


7 comments:

Unknown said...

I agree. The Japanese have always had a way with flowers that is inspiring. I love the photos.

Sonya said...

I love the pictures of your garden. It looks so restful. I can imagine how much joy you from it. Thank you for sharing the beauty.

Sonya

Cecelia said...

Peaceful looking garden. Flowers look pretty...makes me want to come over and visit, sit on a nice comfortable lawn chair, a good book, and a cup of coffee, tea or wine...Hope things are going well for you, Brenda.

glitterfaith said...

it is always nice to have a splash of differnt colour in the garden. Go the pink
http://www.startwithsimplefaith.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Where are you, Brenda? We miss you.
What are you working on now?

Gary Dobbs/Jack Martin said...

And of course these are easy to grow. They seem to tolerate any soil.

Linda Weaver Clarke said...

How beautiful! These are lovely photos. Brenda, I've been trying to get in touch with you through email but it keeps bouncing back. I was wondering if you would be interested in being interviewed on my blog spot? I interview Christian authors. Email me at linda@lindaweaverclarke.com and we can talk about it.