Wednesday, May 02, 2007

My shabby garden

Since the killing frost and the freak hailstorm did their best to ruin my garden a few weeks ago, I haven't found the time or the spirit to do any cleanup. Sure, I've got some color in my late-spring garden, even though the dogwoods, the flowering quince, the redbud, the viburnum, the lilacs, and the daffodils were all prevented from blooming. But it's still a mess, as you can see.

I'll post some good photos after we get everything shaped up. In the meantime, I'll keep reminding myself that I still have plenty of garden blessings to count.

4 comments:

Marianne Arkins said...

You can count your blessings that you have anything blooming. I live in the Northeast, and the only thing colorful in my garden right now are daffodils! I can't plant annuals until the end of MAY!

So, it could be worse. I looked at your photo and wished my garden looked half as nice.

I have dirt.

Anonymous said...

Me too! I want to get to my koi pond but I'll need several people and maybe a search party. Its that bad from the winter.

Brenda Coulter said...

Don't worry, Marianne, your time is coming.

Mandy, I'm sure your koi pond is out there somewhere. Keep looking!

Janny said...

You call that cozy corner surrounded by color a MESS?
Not.
Not even close.

Of course, when you get done with yours, you can always come over and do mine...

Janny