Saturday, January 06, 2007

Sparks of creativity

I've been staring into candle flames for so long they're beginning to lose their power to mesmerize me, so I just got a new "daydream aid" for my office (click on the pic to enlarge it). This is a solid crystal cube with a laser-cut design in its center--a hummingbird visiting a full-blown rose. It sits on a rotating mirrored base, and the lights that shine up through its middle change colors every few seconds. You can see lots of reflections in this photograph, but not nearly as many as I see when the thing turns and throws rainbows on the yellow walls and white ceiling of my office.

I'd better go now. I feel a daydream coming on. Have a great weekend, everyone.

3 comments:

Lisa Jordan said...

My sweet thirteen-year-old son bought me one of those for Christmas, but it's of a lighthouse. It sits on my writing desk and I played with it yesterday as I tried to work out the opening to my next chapter.

Bonnie S. Calhoun said...

I have one that I've had for more than a year, but mine is the New York skyline...with the World Trade Center!

I love all the color combos you can have...it's very soothing!

Brenda Coulter said...

Yeah, I love the colored lights.

Lisa, you can also carry your crystal to a nearby window and play with it in a sunbeam.
;-)

If anybody's interested, the manufacturer has a website:
http://www.bitcrystal.com/