Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Change of season

Japanese anemones herald the arrival of autumn in my garden. I love the way these delicate flowers dance on their long, long stems.

The maiden grass is beginning to turn. By winter it will be straw-colored. I love the swishy sound it makes when the cold winds blow.

My hunk o' burnin' love has a thing about moss--and not the good kind of thing. When he notices this patch, he'll eradicate it. But it's such a pretty green....

Our patio furniture stays out all year because we often sit outside, even when there's snow on the ground.

Technorati Tags: ,

2 comments:

Mikesell said...

My Japanese enemy has returned as well. Mr. Yamamoto--take that!

Thanks for sharing the pix, Brenda.

Brenda Coulter said...

Take it outside, you two. This is a nonviolent blog.
;-)