Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Autumn color on the way

By far, my favorite tree for dramatic fall color is the red maple--and I'm delighted to have a nice specimen just outside my front door. Some in my neighborhood are already sporting their bright reds and golds, but mine is just beginning to turn. In another week or two I'll be pausing to stare for a few moments each morning as I open the front door to pick up my newspaper.

I was experimenting with angles here. Standing beside some five-foot-tall Japanese anemones, I held the camera at waist-level to shoot the underside of the tree's canopy.

4 comments:

Kristina Knight said...

My in-laws have two huge red maples in their backyard -- absolutely gorgeous this time of year!

Bonnie S. Calhoun said...

My red maples are changing, and my Canadian Maples dropped ALL their leaves in two days (they always do...such party poopers!)

*sigh*...on the heels of the leaves is the snow...we're expecting some on Friday!

jel said...

our trees have lost their leaves already!


Morning Brenda,


have a great day!

Brenda Coulter said...

Thanks. I did.
:)