Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Greetings from our nation's capital

Today I'm blogging at you from Washington, D.C., where I have accompanied my hunk o' burnin' love on a business trip. I'm "needed" for a couple of dinners, but mostly I'll just be working here in our hotel room for the next few days while my husband takes some meetings. I'm hoping to nip over to the National Gallery of Art tomorrow to spend a couple of hours with the impressionists (Renoir rocks), but so far my only plan for the rest of this week is to get some good work done.

This is one of the things I love about being a writer--being able to work anywhere. Give me my laptop and a manilla folder full of marked-up manuscript pages and I'm all set. Right now I'm doing final revisions on the book that will be out next October. My editor's expecting this manuscript in three weeks, which is why I'm not at the National Gallery or any of the other museums right now.

I'll be here in Washington until Friday afternoon, so if you see me blogging "lite" for the rest of this week, you can assume that either my work is going very well or I have succumbed to the siren call of the museums.

Later.

Technorati Tags:

No comments: