Tuesday, June 06, 2006

This, that, and the other thing

Scary news from Bloggers Blog:

Today is 6-6-06. If you have hexakosioihexekontahexaphobia then you are very creeped out today.

Hey, I got creeped out just trying to read that long word. Do you suppose there's a long word that means "fear of long words"?


For those of you who just can't read enough litblogs ("literary weblogs"), the disgustingly energetic Bud Parr of Metaxu Cafe has put together a comprehensive list of litblogs for PubSub. If it's not on Bud's list, it's probably not a litblog. I can't tell what earthly good the "LinkRanks" are, but the site's useful if you want to make sure you're not missing some delightfully quirky little bookish blogs.

Speaking of links, if you're linking to my blog and aren't yet listed on my sidebar (which I finally got around to alphabetizing), please let me know. In most cases (see the disclaimer over there on the sidebar), I'm good for a reciprocal link.

And once again, I'm way behind on my e-mail. If you're waiting to hear from me, please accept my apologies. I hope to catch up very soon.


Technorati Tags: , , ,

5 comments:

Mirtika said...

I posted on the 666 wackiness today at Mirathon. :)

Mir

Bonnie S. Calhoun said...

Yea...and I gave the 666, the old Bronx cheer (a raspberry for all of you non-New Yorkers!

Ruth said...

Well, since you asked...I didn't see a link to my Xanga blog. :) I can't for the life of me remember how to post a link in Blogger (link is in my Blogger profile though).

According to dictionary.com, Hippopotomonstrosesquippedaliophobia means "fear of long words." :P

Brenda Coulter said...

Oh, dear. I'm just going to have to trust you, Ruth, because I'm dyslexic and it would take me all day to look that up. ;-)

I've just added your link. Sorry about the omission--and thanks for linking here.

Ruth said...

I googled it. I think it's Mr. Webster's idea of a joke. :)

Thanks for the link!