Saturday, February 25, 2006

Back in blogland

I'm back. And, yeah, I have a new computer. I imagine most of you saw that coming.

For about two minutes I toyed with the idea of getting a Mac, but I had a lot of software that wasn't willing to make the jump with me, so last night I bought my first Sony Vaio. If you have a Vaio and it crashes on odd-numbered days, or if your brother's blew up, please don't share that information with me. I've been traumatized enough for one week.

It will probably take me all day to load software and tweak settings and make everything all comfy again. And then maybe I should get some M&Ms and spill 'em over the keyboard to break this thing in right.

Speaking of M&Ms, look at the handy little fact I came across at Quote of the Day:

Estimated amount of glucose used by an adult human brain each day, expressed in M&Ms: 250

Harper's Index, October 1989

Is that why so many writers eat M&Ms? For the brainpower boost?

7 comments:

Darni said...

Busy day for you. I've been thinking about purchasing a Mac because that's what I use at work. But like you've mentioned that would require my purchasing new software.

jel said...

glad your back!

Julie said...

I eat M&Ms because they're not as messy as chocolate chips -- no melted chocolate smears on my keyboard. And they're small, so I can keep eating one after another. Great writing fuel.

Speaking of which, I should call my husband before he gets home. We're out of M&Ms.

Lori said...

A good friend of mine has a Vaio & it has been a real workhorse for him. He travels a lot & uses it all the time, with rarely a problem. Hmmmm, I would love a new computer. I got a new dryer yesterday so I guess I should be satisfied with that!

Brenda Coulter said...

Darni, Jel, Julie, and Lori, thanks for stopping by and saying hello. Hope you're all having a great weekend.

Anonymous said...

I've had a Vaio for two years, and it's never given me any trouble.

As far as PCs go, the Vaio looks pretty cool. And let's be honest, that's the most important thing.

Brenda Coulter said...

Absolutely, Darren. Cool is everything. The day after I received my 60-gig iPod (a Christmas gift from my husband), I downloaded a video I didn't even want just so I could tease my 18-year-old son, whose iPod doesn't play videos.

"Look," I crowed, thrusting the iPod in front of his face. "Your mom is way cooler than you."

Yes, I am a shallow person. And if my son goes out this weekend and knocks over a liquor store to get money to buy a better iPod, that will be all my fault. ;-)

By the way, I checked out your blog a minute ago. Very classy and well-written.