Friday, February 17, 2006

Appreciating my blogger buds, Post #5

Pattie has posted a thoughtful review of A Family Forever at Bookworm's Nook and also at her personal blog. Thank you, Pattie; and thank you again.

I'd also like to shout and wave to Mel for posting a review at Actual Unretouched Photo, where she wrote:

...I hardly ever read romance novels and even more rarely, would I even think of picking up an "inspirational romance." I mean, does anything shout "HORRIBLE WRITING! TRITE PLOT! FLIMSY CHARACTERS!" any more than the back of an "inspirational romance" novel?

Now I may not be quick, but I do catch on eventually, so about halfway through that paragraph it dawned on me that this lady was not predisposed to enjoy my inspirational romance novel. Then she turned around and pulled a Mr. Darcy on me, admitting that she was "shocked, stunned, and taken off guard"; liking the book, I gather, not merely against her inclination but against her will. As I am wholly unlike Eliza Bennett in that I know better than to despise a compliment of that magnitude, I will drop a deep curtsy and thank Mel for the great honor she has bestowed upon me.

4 comments:

Melodee said...

::smooch:: To read you is to love you, I guess.

Refreshment in Refuge said...

Very prettily done, my dear :)

Pilgrim said...

Brenda,
I am a regular reader of Mel's blog, and am really surprised she even read your book.

Brenda Coulter said...

I was surprised that so many of the respondents to my "free" book offer admitted they were not inspirational romance readers. But I'm delighted that they were willing to give mine a try.