Friday, October 14, 2005

Knock yourself out

I was up early (you don't want to know how early; I will just say that it was so early it was only about 3-1/2 hours past "late") writing, and I'm planning to keep at it until noon, when I'll meet a friend for a long lunch (Indian food, yum!) and then relax (sleep?) for the rest of the day. So I'm just going to toss you this fun link and say I've blogged for the day.

Death by Caffeine, is a handy little calculator that will tell you how much of your favorite caffeinated beverage it would take (in one sitting) to kill you. First you'll be invited to "pick your poison"--click on the name of your favorite beverage. Then simply enter your weight and hit a button marked, "Kill Me." You'll then be informed how much of that particular beverage would be required to do you in.

If you're a mystery/suspense/horror/crime writer whose heart just started beating a little faster, I apologize for getting you all stirred up for nothing. This site isn't going to be particularly helpful in your research. I doubt that even Stephen King could make a believable story out of someone trying to kill a 150-pound individual by forcing him or her to consume:

95.23 cups of brewed coffee
or
301.1 cans of Cherry Coke
or
2047.5 glasses of chocolate milk


But the site gave me a giggle, so I wanted to pass it along.

I'm going to go make a pot of tea now. But don't worry; I'm pretty sure I won't be able to drink much more than four or five cups.

No comments: