Saturday, May 14, 2005

I'd rather be reading

I was up with my romance-novel-in-progress until 3:30 this morning, but I believe I'll quit for the weekend. I want to finish reading Ann Patchett's Bel Canto, a strangely beautiful and often funny novel that has been on my reading list for a couple of years now. I'm liking it a lot.

Later today we'll help celebrate a family wedding. Then tomorrow afternoon, whether permitting, I'll prune the roses before dragging my longsuffering husband off to the garden center to buy lots of annuals, which we'll pot up together and then place around the patio. After that I hope to spend at least a couple of hours ensconced in the bright blue Adirondack chair my hunk o' burnin' love made for me years ago. From there I'll gaze lovingly at all the flowers tumbling from clay pots as I sip freshly-brewed iced tea to which I've added a slice of orange and a nice sprig of fresh spearmint from the garden.

I'm looking forward to a fun and relaxing weekend. Hope yours is like that, too. Stay safe, kids. Have fun within reason, and I'll meet you back here on Monday morning.

No comments: