Tuesday, April 05, 2005

Finally...my 15 minutes of blogging fame

When I logged on this morning and checked the overnight traffic stats for this blog, I knew something was up. Now I'm having a Field of Dreams morning: I built it and they came!

First of all, I'm grateful to author M. J. Rose over at Publishers Marketplace. M.J. has been asking author-types why they blog, and today she's featuring my answer to that question. If you're interested in knowing what I said, click over and read the April 4 entry. (If you don't see it, check the archives of Buzz, Balls, and Hype.) Thanks, M.J., for the attention.

But wait, as they say in those awful TV commercials, there's more. Some other kind people are linking to my blog today. It seems that this near-hysterical post about electronic gadgets struck a chord with some very nice Moleskine notebook geeks. The upshot is that my blog is being featured now at The Moleskinerie, a very attractive journal celebrating the incomparable notebooks. (If you don't see "my" post, check out the permalink.) My only regret is that the notebook pictured in the screenshot they captured is not a Moleskine. Sorry, guys, but as the old song goes, "If I Knew You Were Coming, I'd Have Baked a Cake." Thanks for the nod of approval and for the huge traffic spike. Moleskines are marvelous! (If you pronounce that correctly, it rhymes.)

Well, that's about it for this morning. To twist a quote from Mr. Bennett in Pride and Prejudice, if any more Big Bloggers want to link to me, send them in, for I am quite at leisure.

No comments: