Monday, April 11, 2005

Excuse #214 for not blogging

Question: If a blogger posts three paragraphs explaining why she cannot blog today, does that count as an entry, or not?


I can't blog today because I was up most of the night working on a romance novel. I went to bed for about three hours, then stumbled back downstairs, needing to be at my computer because even though my body is worn out, my mind just won't let go of this story.

Yes, I'm on a writing jag, and that means there will be nothing scintillating posted here today. Not unless one of you lot steps up to the plate and leaves a juicy comment. But you can always catch up on the old entries or better yet, go read Terry. Today he's written a good one about his late friends. (No, they're not dead, just late to the theatre. Chronically.)

And now if you'll excuse me, I must put the teakettle on, spoon some Earl Grey into a pot, and then get my hero out of my heroine's bedroom before they start doing things they're not allowed to do in the kind of romances novels I write.

See you tomorrow, if I can get away.

1 comment:

Sela Carsen said...

I was late to my own wedding. My dh had to be reminded of this recently as he waited impatiently for me to get ready for something we were already late to.

I have never, ever been on time to anything. Very good friends have made a point of lying to me and telling me to be somewhere 20 minutes before I actually need to be there. Good for them!