Monday, March 14, 2005

Blue Sky

Who's old enough to remember the Allman Brothers' tune, "Blue Sky"? I'm sitting here bouncing on my chair and humming that as I look out my office window at a perfect blue sky. The birds have begun to return, and they're chirping at me to Come out, come out. I was going to, anyway, to see if I could encourage my daffodils to come up a little faster.

So I've just hurried through my morning round of blogs. I wasn't able to concentrate on any of the serious discussions, so I skipped and skimmed like mad, my mind on more important things (like daffodils). But I laughed when I came across this jewel of a quote over at Joe Carter's The Evangelical Outpost:

“Ordinarily he is insane,” said Heinrich Heine, “but he has lucid moments when he is only stupid.” The 19th century German poet made his observation about a newly appointed ambassador. But his words are even more applicable to a different kind of appointee, the Princeton professor and ethicist Peter Singer.


Don't worry, I'm not going to comment here on Peter Singer. I just had to copy that great set-down and put it someplace where I wouldn't lose it. I figured here on the blog would be a good place because some of you might get a chuckle out of it, also.

And now I really must go check on those daffodils....

No comments: